Thursday, May 16, 2013

You've been in my thoughts

Hello everyone, hope you're off to a great Thursday and your week has been great so far. Mine was hectic since the kids got sick again. I know you must be thinking what's happening to this family? I tell you I'm speechless but I know one of the reasons is all because of the weather. Last week, everybody was in their shorts and sleeveless tops and this week, it has been cold .. felt almost like winter especially Tuesday. I had to get the winter jackets out just for a day but still the kids got sick. Actually, my daughter got sick on Sunday and then it was my son's turn yesterday. You know what happens right? When someone is sick in the house, everybody gets sick. Today, they're bit better. Phew! What a week!

So, for this card, I have used the sketch from Delightful Inspirations and I have used Carly CreamaCup and Drew Berry Mouse. Polaroids frames are so in vogue right now and since I don't have a die like that, I had to make do. The flower button was given some dimension by using a pop dot.

I have even thought about a story for this :-) It's two friends meeting up after a while since they are both busy with their own work but stops for a minute to look at the butterflies. They chat for a couple of minutes before getting back to their own respective work. Isn't it sweet??

Here is my card:

 
 

 Supplies:

Cardstock: White (Staples)
Images: Carly Creamacup & Drew Berry Mouse (both from The Stamping Chef)
Ink: Printer, Black & Sky Blue (Memento)
Coloring Medium: Premier Prismacolored pencils
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Punch: Butterfly
Sentiment: Create From TLC
Accessories: Black Marker Pen, Flower button from stash, Baker's Twine, Foam dot


Challenges:

Delightful Inspirations I {Heart} Sketches - Sketch #18
Delightful Challenge - Bingo (Button, Add Dimension, Pattern Paper)
My Heart Pieces - Anything goes




 
 

5 comments:

Mary J said...

What a fun card, Jennyfer! Love the layout and how you did the highlights in your colouring!

Nana Diana said...

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, Jennyfer! Much appreciated. I love your card too, such cute images, great job!!

Jennifer said...

Wonderful card! Great colouring and love the added butterflies! Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Inspiration {from the heart}!

Lawren said...

What a cute card. Thank you for joining Delightful Challenges.

Lawren - DT

Cindy said...

Cute card! I like the polaroid mat effect you did with the images! Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces.