Saturday, March 29, 2014

Flying by to say...Happy Birthday!




Hello everyone and Happy Saturday! How was your day so far? Ours was very busy. Grocery shopping, taking my daughter to a birthday party, dinner time and it's still going on. Anyhoo, my card today is for a boy who turned 7 last week. I do hope he will like it!

Here is my card:



I went with a clean design since I wanted to focus more on the image and the background paper is already busy. Puppy Pilot has been colored with my favorite medium, prismacolored pencils and matted with a black cardstock.  The sentiment comes from rub ons and added onto a banner. I had to include a piece of cardstock at the back so that the banner can hang. I also added a piece of ribbon on the left bottom corner of the image.



Here is a close up where I added some sequins.


Here is the inside of the card. I have used the "Big Holiday Wishes" stamp set (see below)and masked the "Holiday" before stamping the "birthday" from an Inkadinkado set.




Challenges:

Meljen's - Boys
Sweet Stampin - Transport
Word Play Saturday - AG
Craftitude Challenge - AG
Crafty Catz Weekly - AG
Digi Haven - Things with wings
SisterAct - Cards only
As you like it - Fave animal and why (puppy because it's so cute and cuddly - man's best friend too!)
Digi Choos Day - Animals (Puppy)
Crafty Hazelnut Papers - Use patterned papers





11 comments:

Inkypinkydelights said...

Lovely! Thanks for your lovely comment on my Blog, welcome as a follower and Happy Mother's Day too. Judy x

Janette said...

Great cards, so cute...
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Cynthia said...

This is an adorable little boy birthday card, Jennyfer. Love the primary color combo with this sweet Meljen's image. Thanks for joining the Meljen's Design challenge this week!

Unknown said...

I like the digi you've used thanks for joining us at sisteract this week and good luck
Tonnie DT

Sarah said...

Such an adorable puppy!! thanks for playing along at As You Like It!! Sarah

chrissy xx said...

A card that made me smile! What a sweetie this image is and I LOve your colours and paper..Thank you sooo much for joining us at Digi Haven.
Chrissyxx

nancyparker55 said...

Hi Jennyfer, Love your fun "Boys" card. Great bright colours. Thanks for playing along with over at Meljen's Designs this week.

Pia Larsen said...

This is a very sweet and boyish card! Great image!
Thank you for playing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Pia xx

Rachel said...

Brilliant transport card - such a cute image!

Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

mixamatoasties said...

Super card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan

Suzette said...

Your cards is simply adorable. Thanks ever so much for joining us at AS YOU LIKE IT CHALLENGE.

Hugs
Suzette