Happy Saturday everyone! Today, I tried a new technique for myself. As some of you know, I LOVE to color with my prismacolored pencils but for this card, I decided not to use any. It was VERY difficult for me but I had to try. I built a scene card...Yes, no colored pencils, just stamps and paper piecing!
I used the Alley Way stamps Christmas Express, a set that I won from one of their FB contest. I absolutely adore this set! I chose to play with the colors from the picture below (red, blue, orange and beige).
Here's a tutorial on how I did this:
- Cut your base at 4 1/4" x 11" and score at 5 1/2".
- Cut some hills from your dp.
- Fussy cut the train, trees, candy canes and window.
- Adhere hills and train using adhesives and dimensionals.
- Stamp the dotted lines 3x.
- Cut banner, stamp "Merry Christmas" and adhere.
- Add stickles on hills and pearls on wheels.
- Doodle around banner and star on train.
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Christmas Express, Simon Says Stamps Card Exchanging Friends,
Paper: copic xpress, Studio Calico Wonderland Collection
Extras: white pearls from StoryTeller, Memento Ink Black, dimensionals, scissors, stickles
TAWS - BIC #41
TAWS - DT Call
Challenges 4 Everybody - Any goes
Great impressions November Challenge - Holiday Cards or Tag
HobbyCutz - Winter Wonderland
2 Sisters Challenge - Christmas Sparkle
Penny Black - Any goes
Scribble And Scrap - Any goes
A Gem of A Challenge - Gems, Gems, Gems
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Christmas
Storyteller - Bling or Glitter (White Pearls embellishments from Storyteller)
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Christmas